Purpose of Technical Drawing for fashion
- The purpose of technical drawing for fashion is to form a basis for further product development process. The objective of technical drawing is to produce functional, result-oriented depiction of the actual garment, as opposed to artistic and expressive illustration of the garment.
- Technical drawing is used in:
- Tech packs, specifications, cost sheets.
- Pattern cards and patternmaking documentation.
- Line sheets and production- related presentations.
- With the help of technical drawing fashion design concepts are translated into specification packages, the purpose of which is to communicate to the vendor garment measurements, design features and visualized construction requirements.
- Fashion technical drawing focuses on the actual garment or the tangible apparel which is to be manufactured. Fashion technical drawing is always about the actual garment, not about general idea of a garment.